Olive oil is the oil from the olive fruit and is one of the few sources of edible oil that does not need to be refined. Extra virgin olive oil is the fresh oil from fresh olives and has the most health benefits. The following olive oil nutritional facts will help you know more about the world’s most healthy oil.
Benefits of Olives/Olive Oil
- The mono-saturated fats present in olives/olive oil, when combined with the antioxidant protection offered by vitamin E, lower the risk of damage and inflammation.
- Olives/olive oil contains active phytonutrient compounds, including polyphenols and flavonoids, which have been found to have significant anti-inflammatory properties.
- The vitamin E present in olives/olive oil has been known to offer cellular protection against free radicals present in the body.
- Olives/olive oil prevents the oxidation of cholesterol in the body and thus, helps reduce the risk of having a heart attack or stroke.
- Since olives/olive oil help the body in neutralizing free radicals, the nutrients in olives/olive oil also lead to prevention of colon cancer.
- Olives/olive oil are said to be effective in reducing the frequency and/or intensity of hot flashes in women, who are going through menopause.
- Regular consumption of olive oil has been associated with decrease in systolic (maximum) as well as diastolic (minimum) blood pressure.
- Those who consume olives/olive oil are at a lesser risk of developing diabetes at later stages in life.
- Good quality olives/olive oil contains a natural chemical that acts like a painkiller.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Stomach Problems