Absolutely Fabulous Greek/House Dressing
- 1 1/2 quarts olive oil
- 1/3 cup garlic powder
- 1/3 cup dried oregano
- 1/3 cup dried basil
- 1/4 cup pepper
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 2 quarts red wine vinegar
Mix all ingredients well. Recipe makes 3 3/4 quarts.
It can be used for picnics and travels very well, since it doesn’t need to be refrigerated.
Mini Souvlaki of Smoked Cretan Pork, Cherry Tomatoes, Zucchini
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 ounces smoked Cretan pork “apaki”or smoked pork chops
- 5 tomatillos, cut in half
- 2 zucchinis cubed
- Freshly ground pepper
- 10 wooden skewers
- Fresh thyme
Parboil zucchini in salted water for 1’ and drain.
Rinse immediately with cold water to retain color. Cut “apaki” in 1/2 inch cubes. Alternately thread onto each skewer 2 pieces apaki, 2 cubes of zucchini and half a tomato. Arrange souvlakia in a tray, drizzle with olive oil, season and sprinkle with thyme.
• Allow to marinate for 20 minutes and serve as finger food to friends and family.