Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
- 6 Roma Tomatoes, Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Peeled
- 3 tablespoons of Olive Vine Basil Olive Oil
- 2 1/4 teaspoons of Olive Vine Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cracked pepper
- 8 Slices of Italian bread, cut 1 inch think
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Whisk together the chopped garlic, vinegar,salt,pepper and basil. When combined slowly drizzle in oil.
Add tomatoes and let sit for 20 minutes at room temp. Toast the bread either in toaster or under the broiler. When the bread is toasted, rub each piece on one side with the whole garlic pieces. Place the bread on a cookie sheet and on top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle on a little cheese and broil until the cheese melts. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
White Bean Dip with Rosemary Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Olive Vine Rosemary Olive Oil, divided into 2 equal parts
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or equivalent from freshly squeezed lemons
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
In a frying pan over medium heat, add half the olive oil and the 2 cloves of garlic (do not overcook the garlic) about 1 minute.
Pour the oil and garlic into a food processor. Next add into the processor white beans, lemon juice, and salt. Blend until smooth. Pour into a serving dish. Drizzle the other half of the rosemary olive oil over the bean dip. Mince one teaspoon of the rosemary leaves and sprinkle over the dip.