12 large clams
1 green apple, cut into ¼” cubes
2 celery stalks, cut into ¼” cubes
2 tbls. shallots, minced
¼ cup parsley, blanched and chopped
3 tbls. olive oil
¼ cup clam juice
¼ cup Green Apple Fresh Fruit Vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
4 cups bread crumbs
8 sprigs of thyme
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pepper
1 cup flour
2 whole eggs
Oil for frying
(To save time, you can use your favorite premade bread crumbs.)
1. Mix the apples, celery, shallots, parsley and olive oil in a bowl, add Mangé’s Green Apple Vinegar and set aside.
2. Make bread crumbs with the help of a food processor adding in thyme. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Shuck clams and remove completely from shell. Drain clams using a strainer and save ¼ cup of calm juice to add to chutney mix.
4. Beat the eggs. Coat the clams first in flower then in egg and then use bread crumb mix as the final coating.
5. Fry the breaded clams evenly either in a fryer set to 360oF or in a heated pan with oil. Drain on a paper towel.
6. Place the breaded clams back into shells and cover with chutney.
7. Drizzle Green Apple Vinegar over each to complete the dish.
Serve while hot.